Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 13:13:01 -0600

I have also built from master and compiled --without-portmidi. Everything works great but it also hangs on exit. I wonder if it is a threading issue. I don't know how threading works. I assume that each thread need to closed on exit. How can we tell that this is happening?

Jeremiah

On Mar 5, 2013 11:48 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 12:37 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am almost 100% certain that Denemo is not working in wine because of
> portmidi. I think the only reason it worked with the early rc1-5ish is
> because portmidi was not actually working correctly. I disable
> portmidi in the mingw branch and it worked in wine. I am going to try
> another test against the master branch with --disable-portmidi to see
> if this is truly the case.

I have built git master with --disable-portmidi and it still crashed on
the xp box which has so far refused to run any version. I checked on
another xp box and it ran but hung on exiting, as did a version built
with portmidi. On that box after installation there were no fonts, so I
just re-booted and the fonts were found.