Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Success building Denemo from git master for windows
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 22:01:46 +0000

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 13:13 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have also built from master and compiled --without-portmidi.
that is actually --disable-portmidi right?
>  Everything works great but it also hangs on exit. I wonder if it is a
> threading issue. I don't know how threading works. I assume that each
> thread need to closed on exit. How can we tell that this is happening?

Fortunately this is not an issue, since exactly the same starting and
stopping of threads is done even if there are no backends, a dummy
backend exists which is used. The only thing that intervenes is the
portaudio backend doing that deliberate hanging on waiting for stdin
(The Press Enter prompt thing).
I couldn't test what the hanging with the --disable-portmidi version
that I saw was due to because I didn't get enough time on the machine to
run it under gdb. When I looked on another occasion it was that Enter
prompt. I'll test tomorrow. But I noticed that the other installer with
MIDI-in enabled was also hanging on exit, which is curious.
I'll get to look at this tomorrow too.