Re: [Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Need some direction/clarification
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 19:14:23 +0000

Libportime is part of portmidi. Maybe your distro but all the objects in linportmidi. You could probably cp libportmidi to libporttime and be good. You can always disable portmidi with --disable-portmidi. You could use alsa instead --enable-alsa or use jack for midi connection. I might be able to check for libporttime with autotools and include -lportime if found.

Jeremiah

On Mar 9, 2013 12:04 PM, "Onyeibo Oku" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 09:10 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> guile-1.8-dev or the guile-2.x version, the dependency list is at

I have guile and guile-devel here:

# 'guile -v' outputs the following:

Guile 1.8.8
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005,
2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

> http://denemo.org/Download under Sourcecode
> Packages to install in order to build Denemo:
> guile-1.8-dev, libaubio-dev, portaudio19-dev, libfftw3-dev,
> libgtk2.0-dev,
> libxml2-dev, automake, libtool,
> libgtksourceview2.0-dev, libfluidsynth-dev, autoconf,
> automake1.11, libsmf-dev (>= 1.3), autopoint, librsvg2-dev,
> libportmidi-dev, libsndfile1-dev. libevince-dev
> librsvg2-dev
>
> What is this libporttime thing (Jeremiah ? ) what package is it?
> (that question may depend on the distro I guess - I don't ever recall
> it)
> Richard

I have all the dependencies, I compiled denemo successfully two-three
weeks ago (twice).  This present situation is new.  Libporttime library
is part of portaudio.  I am still getting errors here.

Onyeibo