Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on Windows (SHOWSTOPPER)

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Crash on Windows (SHOWSTOPPER)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:56:23 -0500

On Mar 11, 2013 1:28 PM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 17:37 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I wish I hadn't started trying to fix this. I am pretty sure my fixes
> > are good, but my build set-up is generating bizarre effects -
> > denemo-console.exe no longer prints out messages and my MIDI controller
> > is no longer found.
> This seemed to clear up after I did a rm -rf target/mingw/*/denemo-* in
> my gub. I've tested it now on windows vista and it seems good. The audio
> backend output device is now showing as "default" under windows and it
> works. The MIDI keyboard is found too, on my machine.
> I'll update the translations we have updates for (French and Italian)
> tomorrow and we can then make a final build to test before we upload it
> and announce.
> I have made a new video, this time with two recording devices, the
> screen recorder and a camera capturing the pc & MIDI keyboard action.

Did you post it on denemo.org? I plan on creating more videos. I think we will reach the point soon that we will need to host the videos on youtube and link or embed them on denemo.org. Videos take up alot of space. More people will discover it on youtube anyway. I guess this requires gnash or flash to watch though.

> just have to figure out how to composite these two together. Any
> suggestions welcome.

I have used cinelerra before. It worked well if you export to raw uncompressed quicktime then use ffmpeg to put it in compressed format like ogv or something. This was several years ago and there are probably better or simpler programs out there by now.

> Richard
> BTW Jeremiah - what were the key presses you were using to input the
> notes on your Demo video?

I used A-g for the note entry, shift 0-4 for changing rhythm to be entered, tab to toggle on/off triplet, and ,' for octave shifting the notes.

Jeremiah