Re: [Denemo-devel] Menu fonts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Menu fonts
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:46:33 +0000

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 09:48 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I have been working on the darwin build the past couple of days. The
> staff and the clef fonts are now displaying. I am wondering what font
> is used for the gtk menus.
It is denemo.ttf, this is used so that the music symbols can be used in
sentences (e.g. the tooltip "insert a 𝅗𝅥 at the cursor" with the
half-note symbol being the right size to match the rest of the
characters, this is the work you did on the music symbols, making them
more caricatures of the true shapes)

> I am wondering if I need to make sure a gtk theme gets installed or
> something. All I see is a bunch of empty boxes [] instaed of text in
> the menus.
No - people do complain that we don't take the font from the
environment, but we don't because we want closer control...
BTW the code setting the font is at the end of view.c - the problem will
be fontconfig I guess (though I am not at all clear who is really in
charge of finding the denemo.ttf font).