Re: [Denemo-devel] A Demo of Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Demo of Denemo
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:17:39 +0000

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 21:54 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il 16/03/2013 21:37, Richard Shann ha scritto:
> > I have posted a Denemo Demo video at
> >
> > http://www.dailymotion.com/user/denemo/1
> >
> > Richard
> >

> Hi Richard
>
> thanks for sharing this video.
>
> However, IIRC you expressed some concerns about the best video platform
> to use, especially considering flash requirements.
> I think that Dailymotion is not a good option.
>
> Youtube and Vimeo are better.
> Especially Vimeo, which has a simple "switch to html5" button in every
> video. See for example:
> http://vimeo.com/50449613
>
> And the choice is saved for following videos.

Thanks for this - I didn't know what html5 was, but remembered that Nils
had previously uploaded some videos to dailymotion and thought that I
was able to view them. As it happens, having uploaded the video, I
couldn't watch it, so it must require flash.
I have now uploaded to vimeo -  https://vimeo.com/61994482 is the link
(I think) - though even with the html5 flag set it said there was an
error (message "Oops! something broke, try again later") so I can't view
it from my Debian Stable. Not that I need to view it :)

Thanks again for the recommendation,