Re: [Denemo-devel] A Demo of Denemo

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] A Demo of Denemo
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:32:03 +0100

Il 17/03/2013 13:17, Richard Shann ha scritto:
Thanks for this - I didn't know what html5 was, but remembered that Nils
had previously uploaded some videos to dailymotion and thought that I
was able to view them. As it happens, having uploaded the video, I
couldn't watch it, so it must require flash.

Dailymotion was probably the first video sharing website to promote html5, but html5 website is in a subdomain, while html5 is integrated in vimeo and youtube main websites.

I have now uploaded to vimeo -https://vimeo.com/61994482  is the link
(I think) - though even with the html5 flag set it said there was an
error (message "Oops! something broke, try again later") so I can't view
it from my Debian Stable. Not that I need to view it:)

It works fine here on Epiphany 3.4.2 and Chromium 25 (debian testing).

It may depend on the browser and the version you are using.

I was about to suggest installing a recent version of Iceweasel from this repository:
http://mozilla.debian.net/

But I see that the "switch to html5" button doesn't appear in Iceweasel.

Anyway, Debian Wheezy should become stable soon

--
Federico