Re: [Denemo-devel] New Czech PO file for 'denemo' (version 1.0.0-rc10)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] New Czech PO file for 'denemo' (version 1.0.0-rc10)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 19:19:17 +0000

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 13:36 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2013 12:26 PM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >
> > Jeremiah - can we put this translation into the release? I would say
> > yes, as we still haven't built the proposed binaries nor, indeed the
> > final tarball with version set to 1.0.0 and that is the real cut-off
> > point.
>
> Yes.
OK, I have re-synced with translationproject.org and installed the new
translation.

>  Shall I set the version number to 1.0.0 now?
Yes.
>  The windows binary is good to go correct?
Yes: I will download it once it is built with the new translation and
1.0.0 set, for the last sanity check. And I will sanity check the
tarball once it is on denemo.org (only after that is done should we
declare the release and upload identical files to ftp.gnu.org)
>  I am just going to rebuild it with version 1.0.0 set. The Mac os
> version seems good. I did notice that on some of the Macs I tested it
> out on, you couldn't click on a menu item. You could navigate through
> the menus but it did not respond to left mouse click. This only
> happened on 1 out 4 macs I tested on. I am going to try and upgrade
> gtk to see if that fixes the problem. I created a linux binary that I
> have not yet uploaded. It ran fine in Ubuntu 12.04 but segfaulted in
> 10.04. The segfault was related to portaudio backend. The errors on
> the command line made it look as if it was loading system portaudio
> modules instead of the ones in denemo/usr/.... both linux and mac
> versions crash on occasion when changing preferences. I believe it has
> to do with restarting audio subsystem. In ubuntu 10.04 I could use it
> if denemorc has "none" set instead of the default portaudio.
It will be fine to post this with a description on the known problems
with it on our website

> > The only thing that makes me hesitate is that I proposed that we
> should
> > cut off last week, and I know Federico made a particular effort to
> > submit his partial translation for that.
> >
> > Another thing with relation to the release - should we cross-post
> the
> > demos elsewhere - does anyone have a youtube account that they would
> > like to use for this (and would it be a Good Thing)?
>
> I have a youtube account. I can post it on mine if you don't want to
> create an account.
If it is an account you monitor, that would be good (I assume there is
nothing especially evil about youtube ... I don't follow these things)

> I can imagine that
> > unless one is going to respond to comments on these sites then
> posting
>
> On youtube you can turn comments off I believe.
Yes, I think they all allow this; it would certainly be good to do that
if the comments are not going to be read by us.

Shall I post your video on the vimeo site? I will try to monitor this
one.