Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Mac print issues
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:12:01 -0500

On Apr 24, 2013 10:56 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 14:24 +0000, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> > > Well, dismissing that aborts the waiting for the LilyPond process to
> > > signal it has finished IIRC. Do you have top or some other tool for
> > > looking at what the processes are doing?
> >
> > Ok. I ran it using ctrl-p p to get the printview. The top program is
> > the bsd top (I believe) so it is a little different. Here is what it
> > says:
> >
> > PID  COMMAND      %CPU      TIME     #TH  #WQ  #POR #MRE RPRVT  RSHRD
> > RSIZE  VPRVT  VSIZE  PGRP PPID STATE    UID  FAULTS  COW   MSGSENT
> > 197- lilypond     0.0       00:03.39 1    0    19   425  42M    50M
> > 52M    101M   756M   181  191  sleeping 501  13585   798   740
> >
> > So that means that lilypond is idle but has not exited properly. Is
> > this then a lilypond bug? Now I closed the progressbar pop-up and I
> > see in the printview what I was trying to "print". Maybe I should try
> > a different version of lilypond 2.17.x or something. It currently has
> > 2.16.2. Perhaps it was the upgrade from 2.13 that caused this.
>
> Are you using LilyPond from the Denemo installation or one from a
> LilyPond installer or one that is installed from your distribution?

I have tried gubs 2.16.2, 2.16.0, 2.13 and the official lilypond 2.16.2. Nothing seems to work. When I kill lilypond at the command line or I close the progressbar window then it opens up the pdf in the printview. I think the problem is in print.c somewhere because if I export to pdf everything works as expected.

Jeremiah