Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Translation
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 12:55:24 +0100

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 12:26 +0200, Juan Carlos Gómez Fernández wrote:
> Halo
>

> I'm trying to translate Denemo into Spanish... And I can't understand
> this sentence:
> "MIDI notes struck loudly delete the previous note before taking
> effect."

When playing in from a MIDI keyboard the quiet notes are entered into
the score, a very loud one deletes the previous note and then enters the
new note in the score.

The original wording above covers the case where playing the note on the
MIDI keyboard has been programmed to have some other action than
entering a note, which it could be. Hence the phrase "taking effect"
instead of "entering the note", the effect of playing the MIDI keypress
may be programmed to be anything.

Richard