Re: [Denemo-devel] XML translation

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] XML translation
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 15:19:15 +0200

Indeed people who have their own command file may want to keep them working.
There is many solutions:
 - Keep support for old style files in the code, but that's not my favorite
 - Tell people to update their files, and possibly give theme a script to do that

2013/5/9 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 14:42 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:

> I made some tests with intltools, this is great.
>
> It works very well when you add your xml files to po/POTFILES.in
>
> The only cost is to suffix every xml files with ".xml", and prefix
> translatable xml tags with an underscore: <tooltip> becames <_tooltip>
>
> Of course we can keep compatibility with current files (no file name
> suffix, no tag prefix).
> Is it acceptable ?

This sounds very good. I don't understand whether you mean we will or
will not need a name change for the current command files and/or the
current tags. It seems we will need to change them if we want them
translated, are you suggesting we continue to support old-style ones for
the benefit of people who may have their own command files?

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »