Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme script debugging

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme script debugging
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:20:35 +0100

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 20:53 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Am 23.05.2013 19:58, schrieb Richard Shann:
> > Here you are changing that value with the value DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX
> >
> > So instead, a single call setting it to
> >
> > (logior DENEMO_OVERRIDE_GRAPHIC DENEMO_OVERRIDE_EDITOR
> > DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX )
> >
> > should work just fine.
>
> Oh, right, I was setting the MarkupAtEnd postfix twice and thus
> overriding the initial value -- I didn't notice that, but looking at it,
> it was no wonder that the button disappeared.
>
> Now the script almost does what it should. I can add markup where I want
> (although I still get the single line editor),
you will need to invoke a text editor rather than d-GetUserInput which
invokes a line editor.
> and when I re-execute the
> script with the scheme script editor,
>  I can change the markup getting
> the previous one as default text in the line edit. Only when I click the
> button MarkupAtEnd

It depends on several things what happens when you click on the button.

>  the script is not executed, but an editor window

one of which is that DENEMO_OVERRIDE_EDITOR which says edit this with a
text editor...

> opens where I can change the button name (but that does not affect the
> markup). How can I improve that?

Please send the exact script you have used for your command and the name
you gave the command (not the label, but the actual command name).
I will be able to say what it is exactly that is going on.

(Well, that is if you have gone as far as creating a command to execute
the scheme, otherwise, just send the scheme itself).