Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.4

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.4
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 09:54:46 +0200

I fixed a little bug in extract_scheme.c so now extraction works well.
I committed on master and stable-1.0.4 branches, they contain an updated denemo.pot

2013/6/11 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 17:55 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> I would like to extract scheme code from xml files. That would make
> the translation a lot easier (no need for extract_scheme tool). It
> should take a few days. Do you think it is possible to wait I finish
> this before releasing 1.0.4,
At this stage in the release process only a showstopper bug should cause
us to alter the sources. The translations have to be added at the end,
and only sanity checking should be needed then.

>  so all the major datafile refactoring happen at the same time for the
> users ( xml translatability + scheme extraction ) ?

These changes (though making a good improvement to Denemo) don't impact
the users (with the exception of the name change of the command scripts
which has already happened). I am hoping that the next release can see
the command manager work, which user's will benefit directly from and
will be quite enough to justify a release.

>  If not, it can wait :)

If you can update the master and stable-1.0.4 branch with the needed po
files so that the on-the-fly tarball

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/denemo.git/snapshot/denemo-master.tar.gz

yields the correct denemo.pot for submitting to translationproject.org
the I say let's do that. It is that URL itself that I submit to
translationproject.org, it doesn't matter that it would not compile to
yield the release binary, in fact, as the guidance from
translationproject.org states it does not have to compile at all, it is
just there for reference. But it does have to have the correct
denemo.pot inside it. An alternative (untried) is submit the actual
denemo.pot file and reference the tarball
http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-1.0.4.tar.gz

Once we have the translations a new tarball then has to be generated
with the correct denemo.pot and the translation files inside.
This then can be sanity checked, and a check made that the latest
phrases are being translated and we can declare the release.

If it is really too difficult to go this way we can re-start the release
process, but it if we do this too often people will start ignoring our
requests for them to test the release.

Another point - does anyone know what is going on with pitchrecog.h and
audiocapture.h? I have checked audio capture in the mingw candidate
release binary and it is working.

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »