Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme extraction

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme extraction
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:01:00 +0100

On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 11:55 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> In keyboard.c line 274 you can see this :
>         if ((merge & DENEMO_INTERACTIVE) && (merge & DENEMO_MERGING)
>         && new_command)
> The merge value is an integer, but when you look at the call graph you
> can see that it comes from a boolean in load_xml_keymap
> ( load_xml_keymap (gchar * filename, gboolean interactive) ). So merge
> value is always 0 or 1. That makes (merge & DENEMO_INTERACTIVE) always
> false, and the whole if block useless.
>
> This block just displays some test. Should we keep it?

Yes, this is badly broken now. DENEMO_MERGING is no longer being set at
all, this code was set up in 2009 to tell the user when he had
successfully added a command (using "More" from the right-click on a
menu item).
It is not crucial and as it is not working it can go. Adding commands
via More Commands on the right click menu is working (though, at least
in gtk2 the menu drawing gets a bit manked up after adding the menu item
and needs refreshing).