[Denemo-devel] Sppedier and more rhythmical triplet and dotted rhythm en

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Sppedier and more rhythmical triplet and dotted rhythm entry
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 17:12:32 +0100

Currently entering triplets is a pain because it is un-rhythmical - you
type four keys to enter the three notes. Likewise the dotted rhythm uses
three key strokes.
This is important when playing in the rhythm for a MIDI-controller to
add notes to.
So I have created new commands that enter a triplet given the first
duration and one that enters a dotted rhythm given the first duration.
I've changed the shortcut to Tab,Tab for the tuplet entry (if no MIDI
controller this just runs ToggleTripleting as before), with Tab,7 doing
a slurred version. And the Multiply on the numeric keypad does the
dotted rhythm (so 3 followed my multiply does eighth-note dotted
sixteenth note).
In all cases now you play the first duration of the group (which can be
a rest, incidentally) and follow with two strokes Tab,Tab for a triplet
or one, Multiply, to finish the rhythmic grouping.
Almost all the music I transcribe can now be entered without breaking
rhythm.