[Denemo-devel] MuseScore's shortcoming

From: Jaroslav Kaňa
Subject: [Denemo-devel] MuseScore's shortcoming
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 09:44:43 +0200

Hi in Denemo,

I am not sure if I am on the right link, but it seems to me, that it could be so:-)

First, I would like appologize, in advance, for my certainly insufficient English – I am from Czech republic…

For some time, I have been using MuseScore, and I have found it quite good and I would like to express my gratitude to you that I can use such a program.

I am not a big composer, so I hardly could or would an interest to purchase a paid program. Thus, I am glad that I have the opportunity to try this application – thank you very much – to all developers and of course, mainly to the head developer:-)

However, there are some shortcomings. And the main, which forced me to write you, is popup window: „Part List“ (under the key F10).

The problem is that the window is displayed in small size and when you have more instruments there, you must adjust it again and again. You may say that it is banality – but slow down – when you use it very frequently, it is very annoying… And for me, to say truth, it is hardly to imagine what is the purpose of that arrangement… The problem is the more obvious when you are trying to use active cursor and you are trying to get it down in this way – when you are on the accurate place or point, it is changing the instrument field… And returning of the proper instrument is not just easy thing…

Well, I tried to change this feature with window size in program files, but I could not find any possibility. So, I am writting you now… And I am asking you, if there would be some quick possibility to resolve it so that I could finish my song or possibly to make up some new in more easy way.

Well, there are some other things that are not very useful friendly, but not of such a strength as the one I have spoken about and it would be more difficult to descibe it, so I will let it be.

Also, I am not sure if my request will be fittingly answered.

In the end, I would mention that Microsoft also has similar shortcomings… Thus, make no heavy head of that. However, I would be very glad if my request is not neglected:-)

I believe it could be easy to make up for it. Of course, I am aware of the fact that remembering of a position of the window (when it is turned off) could be hard to implement. However, to change the size of the window so as to be always bigger should not be so hard – am I right? Please, tell me how to cope with it.

Thank you in advance. Take care.

Jaroslav Kaňa from Czech republic, Břeclav

PS: May I ask what is the name of the country you come from?