Re: [Denemo-devel] blind again- "Non-printing staff" option gone(?)

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] blind again- "Non-printing staff" option gone(?)
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 03:57:33 -0400

On 10/03/2013 02:00 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-03 at 13:10 -0400, Bric wrote:
I just looked in my old 0.9.3, and was relieved to know I'm not
completely insane — there DOES exist
DID exist
This is one of those rare case where a command has actually be dropped.
(In fact, it may be unique). I mentioned this in an earlier email IIRC,
you use the score layout view to drop staffs (or voices, or
movements ...) from the typesetting.

Hi, Richard

You're talking about top menu -> View -> Score Layout -> "The Staffs" section -> [ bunch of buttons ] ??

I don't see anything there that explicitly says "non-printing". If it's implied, or you have to do it with a lilypond code bit, it seems a step back from the GUI convenience we had before before (menu point & click)

Also, FWIW (might be linux gtk- (gtk2!)- specific) : there's a quirk bug in my build where dismissing/cancelling a sub-dialogue of this "Score Layout" causes it to lose focus, recede behind the main window... (obviously not high priority... unless it's pervasive for other situations)