Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 14:43:52 -0400

On 10/05/2013 02:00 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 13:04 -0400, Bric wrote:
On 10/05/2013 12:36 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 12:01 -0400, Bric wrote:
On 10/05/2013 08:00 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 05:47 -0400, Bric wrote:
while (unsuccessfully) searching for the "non-printing" toggle for a
staff, i created a custom layout, then deleted parts of it, and, i think
the consequence was that I destroyed the lilypond code — although i'm
not certain that was the cause-and-effect.

The typeset music window now has "INVALID lilypond could not typeset
this score"

So, how do I get back to the "default layout" ?
You can typeset any layout from the Print View window, using the Typeset
button. And you can delete the bad layout with the Delete button at the
top of the Score Layout window. That will create a Default Layout if you
don't otherwise have one. If you do have one you can select it in the
Score Layout window, and then hit Typeset (or, as I say, use the Typeset
button in the Print View window).
OK.  That worked. I had to restart denemo for the default layout to be
regenerated.

NEW CHALLENGE:  How do you get the staff instrument name
The instrument name menu item in the staff menu puts an instrument name
before the first line of music. If you want to put this text somewhere
else you need either one of the pre-canned LilyPond title fields (e.g.
piece, or Opus or ...) or use some markup (Denemo has some commands that
insert text that can be dragged around - see earlier emails)

You're talking about

              Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> Display
Appearance[tab] -> Instrument Name
no, that is staff name, keep off that, let the instrument name set it
(unless you are doing fancy things with multiple staffs for one
instrument). I had forgotten it had moved to the Staff Properties
submenu.

Richard

?

Yes, that puts the label in the main denemo workspace window.  But I
want a label to show in the TYPESET WINDOW - and it's not showing for me
there.  (There is no "instrument name" menu item directly under
Staffs/Voices top menu item)

Guys! You are busting my chops[ticks]. For the Nth time (where N==3): The "Instrument Name" box under Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties DOES NOT SET THE LABEL IN THE TYPESET VERSION. I want the label to show in the TYPESET window. (It only shows in denemo, but not in the final print product)

And if there's another "instrument name" input somewhere else, please tell me where that is. Just to be sure — you are NOT talking about the "midi instrument" drop-down box... I need an arbitrarily editable label per staff.

gratzie fortissimo!