Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 15:47:50 -0400

On 10/05/2013 03:03 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
Am 05.10.2013 20:43, schrieb Bric:
Guys! You are busting my chops[ticks].  For the Nth time (where N==3):
The "Instrument Name" box under Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties DOES
NOT SET THE LABEL IN THE TYPESET VERSION.  I want the label to show in
the TYPESET window. (It only shows in denemo, but not in the final print
product)

And if there's another "instrument name" input somewhere else, please
tell me where that is. Just to be sure — you are NOT talking about the
"midi instrument" drop-down box... I need an arbitrarily editable label
per staff.

gratzie fortissimo!
Maybe you have an old menu/command set in your .denemo-1.0.9 directory.
The instrument name you're looking for used to be in Staffs/Voices ->
Instrument Name. It moved to Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties ->
Instrument Name recently, while the staff properties dialog box (former
Staffs Voices -> Staff Properties) moved to Staffs/Voices -> Staff
Properties -> Built-in Staff Properties.
If you want to see the new menu structure, rename or remove your
.denemo-1.0.9 directory.

Thanks for hypothesizing on my behalf. Where would this command set be, in which file? I looked in that directory. Nothing matches "Instrument Name" in that tree (no text document, at least)

Here is what I'm discovering:

my ~/.denemo-0.9.3/actions/Default.commands contains something with "Instrument Name" :

<row>
<action>InstrumentName</action>
<after>SmallerStaff</after>
<scheme></scheme>
<menupath>/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu</menupath>
  <label>Instrument Name</label>
  <tooltip>Print Instrument name before staff at start of score,</tooltip>
</row>

HOWEVER:

my ~/.denemo-1.0.9/actions/Default.commands does not contain such as above. Only some passing mention, for a tooltip tag:

"<_tooltip>Start grouping single staves together in order to form multi-stave systems. The PianoStaff is identical to a GrandStaff, except that it supports printing the instrument name directly.</_tooltip>"

Don't know what to think at this point. I'm definitely using the latest git 1.0.9 version.

I *do* have what you seem to say is the latest menu item:

I got to Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> Built-in Staff Properties:

A dialogue pops up, labeled "Staff Properties", with two tabs - [Display Appearance] and [MIDI]

In the "Display Appearances" tab there is a box labeled: "Staff name". I type in that box. Click "OK". That effectively updates the Staff label in the main denemo workspace window. BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY LABEL APPEAR IN THE TYPESET WRITTEN (RENDERED) MUSIC WINDOW. NOTHING.