Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] restore default "score layout" ?
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 16:21:29 -0400

On 10/05/2013 04:09 PM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
I got to Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> Built-in Staff Properties:

A dialogue pops up, labeled "Staff Properties", with two tabs - [Display
Appearance] and [MIDI]

In the "Display Appearances" tab there is a box labeled: "Staff name".
I type in that box. Click "OK".  That effectively updates the Staff
label in the main denemo workspace window.   BUT IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY
LABEL APPEAR IN THE TYPESET WRITTEN (RENDERED) MUSIC WINDOW. NOTHING.
Once again: DO *NOT* USE THE STAFF PROPERTIES DIALOG! THIS IS A SEPARATE
COMMAND! Look at Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> Instrument Name
(directly in the Staff Properties submenu, *not* in the Built-in Staff
Properties dialog.

A-ha! Finally, we're getting somewhere. We've spotted that which does not exist — for me.

Under Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> { ... }

I've got only two sub-items: [1] Built-in Staff Properties and [2] Edit Staff directives

There is no

Under Staffs/Voices -> Staff Properties -> Instrument Name

for me.

(If I understood you correctly)

What to do? Can I copy & paste some config code-bit - I don't want to lose my current, painstakingly developed settings