Re: [Denemo-devel] Building gub in VirtualBox

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building gub in VirtualBox
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:22:48 +0100

I thought I would try turning off the gcc optimizer when compiling
libxml2. I changed the file configure so that CFLAGS had -O0 in each
place where it currently has -O2 and uploaded the tarball to
denemo.org/~rshann
Then I launched the make with a modified libxml2.py that fetched this
tarball. It has fetched the tarball correctly, and the configure file in
the tarball is modified correctly, but the log of the build shows that
it is still compiling with -O2
I presume it has created its own configure file from configure.in so the
question is where does the -O2 come from? It is not in the configure.in
file AFAICS.

Richard