Re: [Denemo-devel] metronome/click intro feature

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] metronome/click intro feature
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 08:15:30 +0100

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 20:56 -0400, Bric wrote:
> here's a feature suggestion (if it already exists, you can shame me for
> being blind again):
Aha! a first success for the new search facility in the Command Manager.
Well, in fact a success for a yet to be release feature of it:

I had an idea there was such a command, so I got up the Command Manager
and typed "Intro" and it stopped on "Create Intro" and told me that it
was in the Movements menu. (In the current git version you would have to
type "create i" before it would stop on Create Info, but I have a
version that searches for substrings in the tooltip).

Trying to synchronize playing some drum beats with starting up the play
of the music would be very challenging, unless you could count on the
target machine being reasonably quick.

This Create Intro command could be beefed-up to add or remove the intro
ie toggle. And, of course, then you could have a script that did

(d-CreateIntro)
(d-Play)
(d-CreateIntro)

roughly speaking, that is.