Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Palettes
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 09:57:02 +0100

On Tue, 2013-10-15 at 09:51 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:

> Attached you find a screenshot of a first version of a palette I
> created
> for myself (which of course it is biased by my personal needs). I
> changed some of the icons. I still want to add commands like "add
> staff", but I didn't find time to create icons for them yet. (Btw: Do
> you have a standard size for icons?)

Could you attach your file actions/palettes.xml as I would like to use
some of your improved icons & ideas for the general palette.
I'm curious as to why you have kept the palettes at the left-hand side -
I could only imagine them being used by people first opening the program
and wanting to click on a few things to make some notes; seriously
entering notes by clicking on these would be very slow, and horizontal
screen space has always seemed to me a priority. But then, that is
perhaps because I am mostly continuously entering music, not editing or
composing in one position in the score.
I'll get to the other bits of your email as soon as I can.

Richard

BTW I notice your palette is based on an old version of the standard one
- there are quite a few improvements in Denemo since then.