[Denemo-devel] Upgrading Denemo

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Upgrading Denemo
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:00:28 +0100

I have added support for people's custom shortcuts, preferences,
palettes etc on upgrading Denemo.
It works by searching for a .denemo-i.j.k directory in the home
directory for values earlier than the new version. The search is only
done if there is no .denemo-i.j.k for the current version.

This means if you are pulling from git and want to use it where the
version has not actually changed (and you don't have an earlier version
with your desired customization) then you need to

mv .denemo-i.j.k .denemo-i.j.(k-1)

where k-1 is an earlier value for k. (Well you can use 0.0.1 if you have
no other .denemo directories).

In coding this I think I came across a bug that will be in the release -
newly created commands will perturb all the shortcuts until re-starting
Denemo.