Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is translated)?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:16:57 +0100

On Sun, 2013-10-20 at 19:26 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> This is an old issue.
> At least for some strings, for example the submenus of Education>Aural
> training.

On the screenshot I see some strings in the status bar at the bottom
untranslated - I have just gone through that bit of code and applied the
translation macro to all the ones I can see there.

But the tooltip that is showing I see in denemo.pot

#: ../actions/menus/ObjectMenu/NotesRests/Beaming/BeamLeftThree.xml.h:2
#: ../actions/palettes.xml.h:243
msgid "Prints with just three beams linking to the left."
msgstr ""

That is the one that is showing un-translated. Could you have just
missed it out?

> Weird thing: some new strings are translated and some not.
>
> I just wonder if there's something I should do to force denemo build
> to include the new strings.
>
> I've tried:
>

> touch po/*
> make
> sudo make install
>

> but nothing changes.

That is to say you have installed an it.po file in the po directory? And
the question is how to generate it.gmo or whatever it is? Well, I don't
know myself :(
perhaps make dist ???