Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is translated)?
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:08:27 +0100

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 15:58 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:

> I have just committed something. I think you forgot to call "_"
> function on labels, letting them untranslated. Can you test now ?

I am not sure which commit you mean: I see your commit for tooltip and I
was just looking at the case of label (which I said was "_label" in the
xml, intending it to be translated). This is tricky: we are only
supplying icons or icon-like labels in the palettes.xml that comes with
Denemo. These probably don't need to be offered for translation - users
can change them anyway. (And in the case of icons, the label contains
the name of an .svg file, which shouldn't be translated).

So perhaps I should store labels as "label" in the xml so they don't get
offered for translation. (And never use English in labels in palettes).

What do you think?