Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] why some menus are not translated (even if string is translated)?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:28:09 +0100

On Mon, 2013-10-21 at 22:52 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> 2013/10/21 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
>         If you have pulled the latest git you need to remove
>         ~/.denemo-1.1.0/actions/palettes.xml
>         for palettes to start working.  See previous email.
>
> oh, sorry, I missed it
> now it's better but not perfect yet: AFAICS only tooltips and
> right-click menus are translated; title of each palette

Right - I have just pushed what I hope is the correct fix for this to
git

> and "text buttons" (like voltas) are not translated

Yes, this is the one which we just decided to solve in the opposite way,
all the buttons we provide should be international (either use icons or
text symbols). Of course, a user can re-write text into on label, but we
should aim to provide something very short and recognizable by all.
In the case of the voltas I guess the solution is to use Italian :)
We could do 1° & 2° for first and second time bar insertion for primo
and secondo

> should I update from the new .pot?

I think if you pull from git you will hopefully see the palette titles
translated now. I will tidy up the palette buttons (the only other one I
spotted is using V for voice, which I guess is ok, as it is V for Voce
as well), and then I will submit a new denemo.pot to the translation
project and hopefully we will be back on course for the release.