Re: [Denemo-devel] Continuous Integration

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Continuous Integration
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 10:17:27 +0200

Well, is gub mandatory ? Could it be possible to statically compile every dependencies and just link them ?

2013/10/23 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 09:19 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> Travis run on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Server Edition 64 bit.

I think this could require quite a bit of delving into GUB to get the
build working - I am not sure what the LilyPond project uses, but
Jeremiah has been using Debian's stable distribution on 32-bit
architecture (but possibly slightly old in some way since I was able to
build using the previous Debian Stable distro on my 64 bit architecture
and then found it would no longer work, apparently because of an
optimizer bug in gcc, failing to build libxml2).

I don't want to sound pessimistic (I often do!) but GUB is very large,
especially when it is building Denemo (with LilyPond, Ghostscript, font
generation, even LilyPond documentation generation thrown in)...

Éloi Rivard - address@hidden

« On perd plus à être indécis qu'à se tromper. »