Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 16:48:02 +0100

2013/12/6 Richard Shann <address@hidden>
On Fri, 2013-12-06 at 14:21 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> I have created a branch "distcheck" on the repository.
> On this branch, make check and make distcheck test both pass. As I
> have edited some autotools related file, I think I worth some tests
> before I push it in master.
>
> Can you please check ?

What tests did you have in mind?
As I played with autotools, that may affect compilation and installation.

I built this and ran it ok as my test
user. I don't get sound with my test user: I suspect it is because he
doesn't have the right permissions but I can't see an interface in the
gnome desktop for that and don't want to take the time to work through
the setting of group membership stuff. That can't be relavant of course.

The make distcheck thing is a very interesting feature from autotools. It compiles (make), create a dist package (make dist), unzip it, and go in the generated directory, then it compiles again, run tests, run installation, then uninstall it, and it checks that no file has been left during uninstall.