[Denemo-devel] Coverage tools

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Coverage tools
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:47:22 +0100

Hi,
We talked about coverage, with the "displayhelper" issue. I mail you to tell that I integrated a coverage tool to the build system, so anyone can use it on its own repository, and that another tool is plugged to the continuous integration system, so anyone can have a look on the denemo report.

Code coverage simply tells you how many times each line of code is called during one program execution. You can check for dead functions or dead "if cases", you can see which functions are called too often etc.

Everything is explained here : http://denemo.org/hacking-sources/#Coverage
You can also have a look to the Denemo state on coveralls.io here : https://coveralls.io/r/denemo/denemo . Coveralls report is only based on tests ran on Travis, so it may be not very representative at the moment (For example, every code that is GUI related is ignored).

Let me know if you have some questions.