Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:54:18 +0100

It seems that Denemo is splitted in several packages in Debian. Would it be easy to build several packages with this approach ?

2013/12/10 Andreas Schneider <address@hidden>
Am 10.12.2013 10:30, schrieb Richard Shann:
> Could someone educate me about what this means? Does this mean that we
> could post up a Debian package which anyone on a compatible distro could
> apt-get install and have a chance of getting something working?
>
> What is the procedure for generating the Debian package. (And, what
> about the OpenSuse package that has been built, how is that different
> and could we usefully host it?).

The standard way to build a Debian package is to create a subdirectory
"debian" which contains package information and scripts. I have just
adapted the scripts for the official Debian package to work with the git
version. (I'm using this approach for a longer time now). The package is
built by invoking the script debian/rules, e.g.
debian/rules binary
You could add a debian subdirectory with the corresponding files to the
repository so that everybody can easily build a package. Maybe the
Debian maintainer of Denemo could provide a suitable set of files?
With these scripts, package building could easily be automated on a server.

Andreas