Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Help Needed
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:17:54 +0000

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 16:14 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 16:33 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > For a user, it would be very useful to have the build information in
> > Denemo, i.e. the denemo.spec file for RPM or the debian directory with
> > its contents (control, rules, changelog, etc.) for dpkg. With these,
> > the
> > user can build a package (or several packages if it is split) by
> > invoking a simple script (and does not need any privileges for that).
>
> I guess these (for the last packaging done) will be found on the
> respective distro's website? I'll have a dig round on the most popular
> one (Ubuntu I believe) to see if I can find it, well perhaps I'll look
> on Debian first as they may be more open.

Well, I got nowhere trying to locate the denemo.spec file for RPM or
debian directory with contents - though I notice we have a
denemo.spec.in file already.
Does it make sense for someone to contribute these to our sources?

The situation at present is that an experienced LilyPond developer is
unable to test run Denemo because he cannot install the development
libraries to build it without dependency problems with stuff he already
has and the GNU/Linux binary does not work on his Ubuntu system.
It means that the easiest way people can try the latest Denemo is to use
a proprietary operating system, which is Bad.