Re: [Denemo-devel] No General Purpose User's list?

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] No General Purpose User's list?
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 00:38:31 +1100

Richard,

On 2013-12-19 23:30, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 21:41 +1100, Philip Rhoades wrote:
Richard,

Ignore this first question - I lost a couple of backslashes when
creating the script - generating PDFs OK now . .

BTW, I didn't notice that your mail wasn't coming from the list before -
I thought my Q was going to the list . .

I think you may have sent your first email before you were subscribed to
the list and things got a little messed up.

About that message, it means that the LilyPond generated is invalid (you
will see this in the Print View window when you try to typeset it).

Right.

About your general approach - editing .denemo files:
        Although this allows you to exploit your ability to write your scripts
in Ruby, I suspect you are doing a lot more work, and getting a lot less
for your buck. There are already Scheme procedures to generate random
notes and you could just adapt those. (See the NotationMagick menu,
right click on one of the commands that still works (!) and choose get
script, then you can see how it is written in the Scheme window,
View->Scheme).
The (!) is because I see that something has broken most of those
scripts, there are others in Educational menu which are working fine -
e.g. Note Name Recogntion ones.

OK, I will have look - I have never used Lisp or Scheme but I'll give it a shot . .

Thanks,

Phil.

HTH

Richard