Re: [Denemo-devel] Next Question - MIDI output instrument

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Next Question - MIDI output instrument
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 19:10:33 +0000

The MIDI instrument list that appears on the Staffs/Voices -> Staff
Properties -> MIDI -> MIDI Instrument tab is extracted from the
soundfont you are using (Edit->Change Preferences->Audio/MIDI->Choose
Soundfont), but is hopelessly garbled, and should not be used. There is
a bug report in for this.
Instead look up which program number you want (if you are using the
default soundfont then it will be the GM standard number) and put that
in the Program on that tab.
The default is a very small soundfont though, for serious use get one
with a good guitar on it and use that.

Richard