Re: [Denemo-devel] Red Line in playback

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Red Line in playback
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 08:59:25 +0000

On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 23:28 -0500, dbb wrote:
> The first time I play back what I've typed, a red vertical line is
> inserted at the end. Any notes I add after this red line will not be
> played. I don't understand what this is for or how to remove it so I
> can listen to the whole file. It wasn't mentioned in the introduction.

The red line is the playback end marker (the green is the playback
start).

If you hit Ctr-F5 you issue the "Play from cursor to end" command, which
will move the playback end.

In the View->Playback Controls there are a series of arrows to the left
and right of the play/stop/record buttons for setting the playback start
and end markers and for moving them left or right.

> I am using denemo 0.9.2 in Ubuntu LTS.

This is a very old version - the development has accelerated a lot over
the last couple of years, could you try to install

http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-1.1.0-0.linux-x86.sh

(you just run the script as an ordinary user, it should not interfere
with anything in the system), as this will be much better for you.
Please report back if this miss-behaves - we are right now trying to get
this to work on all systems, (it is known to work on some Ubuntu).