Re: [Denemo-devel] make check fails

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make check fails
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:42:24 +0000

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 16:13 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 16:23 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > When I run make check with fakeroot (which is invoked by the script
> for
> > Debian package creation), I get lots of dialogs such as:
> > Could not create .denemo for you personal settings
>
> this is a failure of the call
>
> g_mkdir_with_parents (dotdenemo, 0770);
>
> trying to create a directory in the home directory (as returned by
> g_get_home_dir() ).
>
> I gather that fakeroot gives more, rather than less privileges,

reading a bit deeper, what it does is to pretend to the caller that it
has root privileges when in fact it does not. (So reporting success on
file operations that would succeed with root privileges but which have,
in fact, failed). I can only imagine that g_mkdir_with_parents() is
incompatible with it. What are the implications of this?