Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 09:30:19 +0000

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 03:58 -0500, Bric wrote:
> On 02/04/2014 01:06 AM, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >
> > dpkg -l libglib*
> >
> dpkg -l libglib*
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                        Version Description
> +++-===========================-===========================-======================================================================
> ii  libglib-perl                1:1.222-1                   Perl
> interface to the GLib and GObject libraries
> un  libglib1.3                  <none> (no description available)
> un  libglib1.3-data             <none> (no description available)
> un  libglib1.3-dev              <none> (no description available)
> ii  libglib2.0-0                2.24.1-0ubuntu2             The GLib
> library of C routines
> ii  libglib2.0-cil              2.12.9-4                    CLI binding
> for the GLib utility library 2.12
> ii  libglib2.0-data             2.24.1-0ubuntu2             Common files
> for GLib library
> ii  libglib2.0-dev              2.24.1-0ubuntu2 Development files for
> the GLib library

and so you glib is 2.24 but needs to be at least 2.28 for
g_list_free_full() to be present.

> un  libglib2.0-doc              <none> (no description available)
> un  libglibmm-2.4-1             <none> (no description available)
> un  libglibmm-2.4-1c2           <none> (no description available)
> ii  libglibmm-2.4-1c2a          2.24.2-0ubuntu1             C++ wrapper
> for the GLib toolkit (shared libraries)
> ii  libglibmm-2.4-dev           2.24.2-0ubuntu1             C++ wrapper
> for the GLib toolkit (development files)
> un  libglibmm-2.4-doc           <none> (no description available)
> un  libglibmm2.3-dev            <none> (no description available)
>

> > This will tell you what version of glib you have. you may have luck
> > with the linux binary?
> > http://www.denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz
> > <http://www.denemo.org/%7Ejjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.linux-x86.tar.xz>
> >
> > You just uncompress it and execute the launcher script inside. If you
> > do it at the command line you me know if there is an error.
> >

> I ran the script ./Launch_Denemo.sh
>
> and the application launched (version 1.1.1).  I didn't play with it
> much (actually busy working on a score within 1.0.9, which was open
> while I tried to open your 1.1.1), but just at a glance, it seemed to
> perform comparably to the 1.0.9
>
> Although (a digression), as I already whined about it a while back: I
> would REALLY REALLY be happier if someone made the cursor animation
> /optional/... i am still absolutely convinced that the animation is
> slowing things down significantly for me.  Given the number of times you
> skip around, back and forth, the extra 900 milliseconds per "incident"
> ;-)) adds up.  I find the feature distracting and annoying, too.  I
> understand, as Richard has explained, it is supposed to solve the
> problem of losing sight of your cursor, but can it PLEASE be optional?

I thought we established that it was optional, you do Change Preferences
and un-tick the first box, "Highlight the cursor", whereon the cursor is
no longer highlighted and does not animate (IIRC).

> i think i've really strayed from the original topic now!

well, there is obviously still a bug somewhere, as the animation is very
fast on the various machines I have tried it on. IIRC I have seen the
effect you refer to somewhere, but I don't recall when or where.