Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 12:11:41 +0000

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 06:38 -0500, Bric wrote:
> On 02/04/2014 04:00 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 19:13 -0500, Bric wrote:
> >> -------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> are you sure that's my problem? An old glib, and nothing else?
> > Almost certainly: from your log it has compiled many files with glib
> > functions in them and then stops at this particular function
> > g_list_free_full() which is in a recently created bit of code and which
> > is a function not available in versions of glib before the one I
> > mentioned. The expected result of compiling on an older glib is
> > precisely that message.
> > The bug is that our build system does not track which version developers
> > have, and then require it at configure time. I expect that in very tight
> > organizations developers are issued with specific versions of libraries
> > and have to build with those, and then those versions are put as minimum
> > version requirement in the configure stuff.
> >

> I suppose that here, "tight" is the polite way of (not) saying "fascist"
> and "corporate" ;-)
>
> thank God for denemo.
>
> I'll be looking for ways to upgrade glib.
>
> My box "Highlight the cursor" is unchecked, and has been! Yet, my cursor
> is animated.

I just tested this in every direction: if it is unchecked the cursor
does not flash. If I press the ` key it starts flashing, if I then look
at the check box in the prefs it is checked, if I uncheck it and dismiss
the pref dialog it is not flashing. Version 1.0.9 is just a development
snapshot, so conceivably it was not working at the time.
I suggest you test the new version

> Also, by the way, I also whined about scrolling animation back then.
> The scrolling still needs to be fixed,

there have been fixes to the scrolling too...