Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 10:40:31 +0000

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 10:41 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 23:37 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> at

> > > I'm not sure I understand the intricacies of all this - I suspect
> the
> > > biggest hurdle will come trying to get GUB to build aubio4
> (because GUB
> > > doesn't know about waf and trying to teach GUB anything is a dark
> > > art)... unless it's broke we could just opt not to fix it, carry
> on
> > > delivering the same fossilized libraries for windows.
> >
> > I found a class for dealing with waf in gub. I had to apply a patch
> to aubio because it wanted to use srandom andthis was not defined but
> I was able to get it compiled. Then I applied Paul's patch to a git
> snapshot and created a mingw build:
> >
> > http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw.exe
> >
> I downloaded and installed this, it fails to start because it cant
> find
> aubio-4.dll so I guess this didn't get into the package...

I have got this working: I moved aubio-4.dll from usr/lib to usr/bin
where all the other .dlls are and it works.
I didn't get either pitch recog or note onset to work - I think the
first because you will have built before the AUBIO_UNSTABLE patch and
the second probably just that I didn't have a suitable input file to
load as source audio, I will try again when I get the chance.

Anyway, bottom line, aubio-4.dll is being installed into the wrong
directory by the installer.