Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 08:56:29 +0100

On Fri, 2014-08-15 at 09:00 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I rebuild the mingw build with lilypond installed with it. I tested it
> on a windows xp partition that I have now. (I think it has infected
> with vermin 30 min after installing the wifi driver!). Denemo crashes
> at first until I reboot and try again. Now I know I was supposed to
> reboot but the first time user may not see the note to reboot and
> assume the program is too bugy to use.

Yes, it really needs one of those dialogs that force the user to take
notice (or the problem fixing!)

>  After rebooting it crashed after hitting a "m" (I believe it was) on
> the chord chart pallete when the cursor was above a note.
I suspect this is the "random-crash-after-a-minute-or-two" which I
emailed about earlier. The program seems to work fine, but when I tested
an earlier build under gdb it spontaneously crashed in some system
routine that was possibly connected with threading.

> I notice that all these pallets seem to launch with denemo but they
> disappear . This is true for all but the Chord chart pallete.

yes, this is a bit untidy, and the chord chart palette should be hidden
too, I just thought as it was new to this release people might want to
see it.

> Now note that I build this using the master branch. I integrated the
> changes from the mingw branch into master that way I don't have to
> switch branches to build for mingw. Some of the library dependencies
> may be slightly different and may introduce different bugs just from
> that.

I think it would be a very good idea to make a build via the old mingw
branch which I can then test to see if it suffers from the
"random-crash-after-a-minute-or-two" bug. It's not completely clear that
it is entirely due to the merging with master branch.