Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest mingw binary
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:08:12 +0100

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 08:56 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> >  After rebooting it crashed after hitting a "m" (I believe it was)
> on
> > the chord chart pallete when the cursor was above a note.
> I suspect this is the "random-crash-after-a-minute-or-two" which I
> emailed about earlier. The program seems to work fine, but when I
> tested
> an earlier build under gdb it spontaneously crashed in some system
> routine that was possibly connected with threading.

I've just run the mingw binary from 15th Aug under gdb. After entering
two or three notes it crashed in the draw routine.
The where command showed that cairo was deleting a context when a memory
allocation error occurred.
It had started up just fine, LilyPond had been run to typeset the
(empty) score.
I tried leaving it running for 5 minutes or so after startup and it
didn't crash (even though the draw routine is being run in order to
flash the denemo cursor).
Then I entered 4 notes and it crashed.
Repeating this half-a-dozen times it always crashed after 4 to 6 notes
entered, and the crash was always in a cairo routine called by the
scorearea_draw(). It was nearly always at a different routine in the
system libraries that cairo calls.