Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics Font Control

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics Font Control
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:22:43 +0100

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 01:04 -0700, Lee Nelson wrote:
> My first time here....
>

> I was anxiously awaiting the feature to control fonts for lyrics.  I
> downloaded 1.1.8 today but for the life of me, I can not find where
> the option is located to control the fonts for lyrics.  I see other
> new lyrics features, but not fonts.  Am I missing something very
> obvious?

I just looked up the LilyPond documentation and I see that fonts can
easily be controlled for lyrics, but I didn't provide any convenient
buttons for this :(. Playing around with it I added these lines to the
start of a lyric verse (all on separate lines)

\override LyricText.font-shape = #'italic
\override LyricText.font-size = #4
\override LyricText.font-name = #"Arial"

and the lyrics changed from normal to italic, from the default size to a
larger one, and from the default font to the Arial font.

You can use any or all of these, but you have to be very careful to
paste exactly the correct text in there - that's why having buttons to
remember the exact text is so handy. In particular watch out for the #
the ' and the " characters which have to be right.
The size is 0 for default -1,-2... for smaller, 1,2 ..for larger.
You need to look up the fonts you have on your own machine - I tried
Dingbats and Gentium from the list given by the Character Map tool on my
machine.

HTH