Re: [Denemo-devel] Fonts in pallets os X

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fonts in pallets os X
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:11:06 +0100

On Thu, 2014-09-04 at 18:49 +0000, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2014 1:17 PM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
> wrote:

> also.
> for notes
> being

> field
> > >
> > > I see for the whole not is has &#x25BC;&#x1D15D; for appending a
> whole note.

> special
> > >
> > > No fonts it only has text and there is is no [].

> and
> is not
> > >
> > > Yes, I see the missing font then.

> > > What do you mean? Paste it where?
> >
> > Sorry, that question was on the assumption that it was not present
> in
> > the text entry widget, but as it *is* present then of course there
> is no
> > need to paste it in.

> when you
> > >
> > > I will read through palettes.c then.
> >
> > No need to focus on palettes.c, if the whole-note symbol doesn't
> show in
> > the regular menus, then there is nothing special about palettes.c,
> it is
> > failing to find the font for some whole class of gtk widgets (labels
> of
> > one sort or another I guess). The fact that the font is found for
> the
> > text entry widget used for editing the label means that this is some
> > sort of problem with the gtk markup stuff. We use gtk markup for
> various
> > things inside Denemo (most notably I've been using it to draw
> attention
> > to the status bar by drawing things extra large and in color there -
> do
> > these work? For example, the shortcut p brings up a message on the
> > status bar in large green letters - is that happening?).
>

> Yes. I see the big green letters when I hit p.
>

> > Do you have this stuff built for any other platforms? (I don't know
> > anyone with a Mac).
>

> I only have denemo builds for mingw, darwin, and Linux. It is working
> fine in the Linux build. I believe this worked with gtk2. Is this
> worth downgrading to gtk2 over?
Is that to say that this build from Sep 3rd
http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw.exe
is a gtk3 build?
I can test this if so.
The palette buttons are not terribly important - users can re-design
them anyway, and it might be an idea to make them text only, so as to
access them from the keyboard (using the p command)...
But if this is symptomatic of some deeper malaise, that would be
different.
Let me know if I should test that mingw binary.