Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 16:04:12 +0200

Am 03.10.2014 um 13:49 schrieb Richard Shann:
> On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 11:44 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>> Thank you for your hints.
>>
>> I tried to compile 1.1.2, but it fails in sourceaudio.c. I remember that
>> this had something to do with the libaubio version, but my Linux
>> distribution does not provide libaubio3.
> Can you use the binary versions?

Installing the binary version at /tmp did work. With that the problem
does not occur. With the portaudio devce set to the USB Audio DAC (I
checked the denemorc), Denemo always starts up successfully, even if the
selected device is busy. In the latter case, in the configuration dialog
the entry for Output device is empty, and the USB Audio DAC is not in
the list, but Denemo works.

>> So I tried to delete the three lines
>>     <portaudio_device>ALSA: USB Audio DAC: - (hw:2,0)</portaudio_device>
>>     <portaudio_sample_rate>44100</portaudio_sample_rate>
>>     <portaudio_period_size>256</portaudio_period_size>
>> from my .denemo-1.1.9/denemorc, and it solved the problem.
>
> I would guess that only the first of these is involved, as I don't
> suppose you have changed the others from the default...

Right, deleting the first line of these three suffices to let Denemo
start up.

>> Denemo did start up again after that.
>
> what values did it put in those fields on this successful start?

After exiting Denemo, that line has changed to the first device:
  <portaudio_device>ALSA: HDA Intel: ALC1200 Analog
(hw:0,0)</portaudio_device>

Andreas