Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo fails to start
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 20:43:57 +0200

Am 03.10.2014 um 20:25 schrieb Richard Shann:
> Can you try again? This time, at least, you should get a different error
> message if it fails to open either your preference MIDI in device or the
> default. (I have not looked at audio yet - keep that on).
> Please send the error message...

If I disconnect the MIDI in device (but audio device ready), I get the
following:

(null) - WARNING : Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not
send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the
reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Denemo - MESSAGE : Loading preference file:
/home/andreas/.denemo-1.1.9/denemorc
Denemo - MESSAGE : Audio driver is 'portaudio' 0
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing Fluidsynth
Denemo - MESSAGE : The default fluidsynth soundfont has been loaded
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing Rubberband
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing PortAudio backend
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
Expression 'alsa_snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_size_near( pcm, hwParams,
&alsaPeriodFrames, &dir )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c',
line: 924
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.rear.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
ALSA lib conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rear
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'cards.HDA-Intel.pcm.center_lfe.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4259:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
ALSA lib conf.c:4738:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2239:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:947:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
Cannot connect to server socket err = Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Denemo - MESSAGE : Opening output device 'ALSA: USB Audio DAC: - (hw:2,0)'
Denemo - MESSAGE : MIDI driver is 'portmidi'
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing PortMidi backend
Denemo - WARNING : No input device
Denemo - MESSAGE : Destroying PortMidi backend
Denemo - WARNING : Initializing MIDI backend 'portmidi' failed, falling
back to dummy
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing dummy MIDI backend
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Abgebrochen

If the audio output device is busy (but the MIDI in device on), I get
[...]

Denemo - WARNING : Invalid device 'ALSA: USB Audio DAC: - (hw:2,0)'
Denemo - WARNING : Initializing audio backend 'portaudio' failed,
falling back to dummy
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing dummy audio backend
Denemo - MESSAGE : MIDI driver is 'portmidi'
Denemo - MESSAGE : Initializing PortMidi backend
Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
Abgebrochen

Andreas