Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions on transposing and "two parts for the right

From: Ken Beal
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Questions on transposing and "two parts for the right hand" markings
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 13:06:46 -0400

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the advice!  I will post the sample I have so far, as well as an image of the page I'm having difficulty with, when I get home.

Just wanted to thank you as soon as I saw this.

Sincerely,
Ken

On Oct 9, 2014 2:47 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2014-10-08 at 20:39 -0400, Ken Beal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have purchased the sheet music to Movin' Right Along.  It's a
> half-step below what I remember playing from childhood. So, I wanted
> to use Denemo to input it, and then transpose it up a half-step.
>
> First, how to transpose?
Use Score->Typesetter->Transpose on Print
(or alternatively, Score->Typesetter->(Print) Transposed where you can
type the transposition interval in)
This is good because your input music remains unchanged - there are also
commands to transpose the music you have entered, but then it becomes
difficult to compare with the original as it is transposed).

> Second, there are measures (e.g., #12) where the right hand has two
> "parts" and inserting a rest affects both "parts".  I think I need to
> create a second "hidden" staff so it only shows up merged with the
> existing treble clef, but I'm not having success.

I think you need Staffs->Voices, but you will need to post your example
to be sure

> Third, I don't know how to make the "two vertical bars" where there's
> generally a single vertical bar between the measures; this also starts
> at measure #12.  I'm also not sure what that mark indicates...

Directives->Markings->Inserting Barlines for a double bar,
again, I can't see any image of what you want, so I'm not sure that is
what you mean.

You can track down the location of commands using View->Command Center,
and search for likely words, reading the explanations for the commands
you find. When you find a useful command you can put it in your own
customized palette for future use.

Richard