Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo bugs

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo bugs
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:35:13 +0100

On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 15:29 +0200, Bert Wiest wrote:
> In the command center, if I ask to execute the "open repeat" I end up
> executing another command.
I've filed a bug report for this - a whole series of lookups for the
command center got broken a while back, mostly now fixed. At the moment,
however Denemo on master is very dangerous, so a fix will have to wait
until the issue is fixed.

> The command center tells me that the repeat commands can be found in
> the "Measures" section of the "Object menu". However, they don't seem
> to be there! I eventually found them under Directives -> Markings ->
> Inserting barlines.

I think you have found the repeat commands that are, by default, hidden.
These are the ones that are dangerous to use unless you understand
LilyPond a little - you have to put the music in-between Open Repeat and
Close Repeat signs. This creates nice-to-read LilyPond output, but is
dangerous if you forget to close a repeat section etc.

You can see that the command is hidden by the tick next to it in the
command center.

If you continue the search for "repeat" in the command center you come
(eventually) to the commands you wanted, it's about eighth or ninth down
the table ... we really need a bit search engine!