[Denemo-devel] [bug #43439] Audio error spam

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #43439] Audio error spam
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:59:03 +0000

Update of bug #43439 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #8:

2) There is a return statement in the middle of a function at line 75.
So the rest of the function is dead code.
Yes - it says that it is for output to a MIDI device, we should perhaps delete
the code until someone wants it - as the comment says it would then need work
doing to it.

>The underrun is probably because data is not being delivered to >the ALSA
>driver in time. Increasing the latency can certainly help that. >The
>problem may be because you are doing too much work in the >callback routine.

If you have Max Recording Time set 0 it will be worth looking for other heavy
activity - I intended all such to be off by default, e.g. the rubberband code
should not get activated by default.

>Or the buffers are too small.

It would be worthwhile testing out different buffer sizes

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?43439>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/