Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbols not rendered

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] chord symbols not rendered
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:22:01 -0400

On 10/30/2014 04:36 PM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 13:58 -0400, Bric wrote:
Hello

I am using version 1.1.2.  Just tried to enter chord symbols.  Found it
in my menus: Notes/Rest -> Markings -> Chord Symbols -> Edit Chord Symbols

(1) If I enter "F#m7"  I get "INVALID!" in the typeset window, although
my entry shows in denemo.
It requires LilyPond syntax.
(2) If I enter "Fm" (removing the pound sign), the "INVALID" error in
the typeset window goes away, but the chord text notation is still not
rendered.  It doesn't show up
I believe the syntax is F:m (there are some examples given in the
prompt)
If you don't want to type in LilyPond chord notation for chord symbols
you can create a staff and set the Staff Properties->Chord Symbols and
the put actual chords in, they will be typeset as chord symbols.

OK. I don't mind typing in Lilypond notation.

However, lilypond is taking liberties: when I enter "F:m7.5-", lilypond (or is it denemo?) substitutes the half-diminished symbol: Fø7

I want to keep it spelled as "Fm7(♭5)", for parentheses, if possible.

Should I post to the lilypond forum about it? By the way a newly compiled git version keeps hanging/freezing on me, when I resize the typeset window (!??) But that's for another thread, I guess. Also, I'm not sure I understand what's happening with the mailing list - am *I* doing something wrong?

thanks a lot.

^

tia

[this is my third send-out - to both Richard
I didn't receive it, except from the list...

Richard

  AND the list this time]