Re: [Denemo-devel] The new binaries

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The new binaries
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 10:11:40 +0000

On Sat, 2014-11-01 at 21:32 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> When I edited the VERSION file I got this error:
> Command barfed:
> cd
> /home/jjbenham/public_html/gub/target/mingw/install/lilypondcairo-2.18.0-root/usr/share/lilypond
>  && mv 2.18.0 current
>
> Tail of target/mingw/log/lilypondcairo.log >>>>>>>>
>     LILYPOND-VERSION: 2.18.0
>     invoking
> cd
> /home/jjbenham/public_html/gub/target/mingw/install/lilypondcairo-2.18.0-root/usr/share/lilypond
>  && mv 2.18.0 current
>     mv: cannot stat `2.18.0': No such file or directory
>     Command barfed:
> cd
> /home/jjbenham/public_html/gub/target/mingw/install/lilypondcairo-2.18.0-root/usr/share/lilypond
>  && mv 2.18.0 current

This is a GUB problem - I think we can work around it by choosing a
version number that is clearly not a standard LilyPond one. I just built
LilyPond using

PATCH_LEVEL=1016

in the VERSION file. But again, it is possible that GUB may barf, in
which case we could try setting the VERSION_DEVEL to a never-reached
value like this:

VERSION_DEVEL=2.19.1015

this also compiles fine - when run it reports the version as 2.19.1016
which seems to combine the unstable series (19.1015) with the
PATCH_LEVEL (which I left at 16).
One of these should give a version number which will not be mistaken for
an official LilyPond build.

Richard